Chocolate is a vegetable!
Really?
Really!
And let’s talk fruit!
Pick
one.
It
seems that the cacao bean, is from a tree as opposed to being grown in the
ground like a carrot. This pod has an identity issue teasing us humans! It
grows on a tree in specific climates and a monkey spits out some part of
the seed because cacao is bitter but the vanilla stuff around it is sweet. We
don’t get the sweet stuff. I am happy to understand I am not eating something a
monkey has um, rehearsed. (Rehearsed? A polite way of saying regurgitated) I
didn’t want to know more about what a monkey does to the seed pod, so I skipped
that part of my research adventures. Besides, I wanted to take pictures of my
breakfast and finish my blog.
The
cacao seed or pod, or whatever you want to call it, can look like a fruit and
it can look like a veggie depending on the ‘nut’ you are chitchatting with or
link you are reading. For me, guess what? I don’t care!
HOWEVER,
I am NOW excited with gusto! In my way of thinking, I can double my pleasure
with my chocolate cocoa! Pick one! Veggie or fruit! Or don't pick one. To me it
doesn't matter!
If
you want to know the truth, this isn't the blog to rely on. For me,
chocolate and or cacao is in my 10% sin category. This is allowing me some
wiggle room of errors. However, I DO WANT to eat all my veggies and fruits! This
versatile food falls into both categories for me. There I have my bases
covered!
So,
depending on how you feel, for breakfast, you can have your fruit in the form
of cocoa power, maybe sprinkled over your cereal or the nibs for crunchies. For
dinner, you can have cocoa nibblets veggies! Tonight, I just might add some
cocoa beans to my stir fry!
I
do understand cocoa is a good antioxidant! If you think I will tell you the
“boring~ and ~we ladies don’t want to know”, 'facts' about chocolate, you are
half right! If it comes in the form of a yummy recipe I just might check it
out. If you want concrete facts on the brainy stuff, you can research it
yourself and post it below.
I
think I’ll go have some cacao on my bean sprouts. Yes! Really! See?
Then
I added pumpkin seeds cashew pieces and sesame seeds! It was very good!
I
just must remember to brush my teeth after wards. The little black sesame seeds
are past Halloween fashion! Even the dogs looked at me suspiciously!
Cheers!
Suzanne


No comments:
Post a Comment